Pediatric First Aid
Pediatric First Aid provides an ideal training solution for schools, child care providers, youth sports coaches and others required to learn how to respond to medical emergencies involving children and infants.
Many people are often reluctant to administer First Aid treatment because of the fear that they may face legal action if they do something wrong. If you stay within the boundaries of your first aid training you cannot be held legally responsible for any adverse outcome.
As a first aider in the workplace, you have a contractual obligation to administer first aid to other employees and members or the public if your employer identifies this within the company’s assessment of First Aid. Remember that any assistance you can offer to someone who is injured or taken ill can only benefit that person.
Approvals and Certifications:
This qualification has been developed specifically for those who wish to gain the knowledge and skills required to enable them to provide effective emergency pediatric first aid.
The qualification is designed for learners such as parents and relatives, pre-school or nursery staff, toddler group volunteers, childminders and nannies and foster parents or those responsible for caring for infants and children.
- Pediatric First Aid Provider
- Recognizing an Emergency
- Personal Safety
- Deciding to Help
- Protecting Yourself – Infectious Bloodborne Diseases
- Protecting Yourself – Standard Precautions
- Protecting Yourself – Personal Protective Equipment
- Legal Considerations – Consent, Abandonment, Good Samaritan Laws
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Poison Help Line• Emergency Action Plans
- Emergency Moves• Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Oxygen and the Human Body
- Secondary Cardiac Arrest
- Chest Compressions – Children, Adults, Infants
- Rescue Breaths – Airway, Barrier Devices, Delivering Breaths
- Automated External Defibrillation
- AED Operation
- AED Troubleshooting and Considerations
- Primary Assessment — Unresponsive
- Recovery Position
- Caring for Cardiac Arrest – Children, Infants, Adults
- Multiple Provider Approach to CPR
- Caring for Cardiac Arrest Algorithm
- Choking – Children, Infants, Adults
- Primary Assessment — Responsive
- Control of Bleeding• Tourniquets
- \Internal Bleeding• Shock
- Head, Neck or Back Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Brain Injury
- Swollen, Painful or Deformed Limb
- Burns – Thermal, Electrical, Chemical
- Minor Injuries
- Injured Mouth
- Objects in the Eye
- Warning Signs of Sudden Illness
- Altered Mental Status – Hypoglycemia, Seizure, Fainting
- Breathing Difficulty, Shortness of Breath• Asthma and Inhalers
- Severe Allergic Reaction• Poisoning – Ingested, Inhaled
- General Illness
- Heat Emergencies – Exertional Dehydration, Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke
- Cold Emergencies – Hypothermia, Frostbite• Bites and Stings
- Emotional Considerations
Why choose Save Fast?
Save Fast, a leading health and safety training company in the KSA, ensures that companies and their employees are equipped with the skills and confidence to do their job safely and effectively. In addition, we ensure compliance with international and local health and safety legislation.