Neonatal Resuscitation Program NRP Training Certification
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program NRP Training course conveys an evidence-based approach to the care of the newborn at birth and facilitates effective team-based care for healthcare professionals who care for newborns at the time of delivery. NRP utilizes a blended learning approach, which includes online testing, online case-based simulations, and hands-on case-based simulation/debriefing that focus on critical leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
NRP Certification through Save Fast Fire and Safety Training is an excellent option for anyone in the medical field who has yet to receive their certificate.
Any medical professional working in Labor and Delivery and the NICU, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, should have a deep understanding of the principles and practice of neonatal resuscitation.
Upon completion, learners will receive a certification that can be used for renewal or application with 2 years validity.
Discuss five principles of neonatal resuscitation.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Discuss five principles of neonatal resuscitation.
- Correctly perform the initial steps in neonatal resuscitation.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of resuscitation devices for positive pressure ventilation during neonatal resuscitation.
- Demonstrate appropriate chest compressions during neonatal resuscitation.
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective techniques for endotracheal intubation during neonatal resuscitation.
- Demonstrate the appropriate administration of medications during neonatal resuscitation.
- Discuss and perform medical and nursing interventions for special situations related to neonatal resuscitation.
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective implementation of resuscitation strategies for babies born preterm.
- Discuss appropriate interventions to implement during situations where the end of life is considered or occurring.
- Overview and Principles of Resuscitation
- Initial Steps of Resuscitation
- Use of Resuscitation Devices for Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Chest Compressions
- Endotracheal Intubation and Laryngeal Mask Airway Insertion
- Special Considerations
- Resuscitation of Babies Born Preterm
- Ethics and Care at the End of Life